The provisions of UK Companies Act, 2006 Act allow a foreign national individual or company to own 100% shares of a UK Company. This means, even if you are not a citizen of UK and permanently residing there, you don’t need to have a local UK citizen as Partner or shareholder in your UK company. Further there are no restrictions on the amount of capital that you one can bring in to invest in a UK company and there is no restriction on repatriation of profits as well.
Company Registration in UK
Any person aged at least 16 years or above residing anywhere in the world can register a company in United Kingdom and start a business therein. In UK, Companies are registered under the provisions of UK Companies Act, 2006 by the Company House. The registration application must be made in Form No. IN01 along with the Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association and a Statement of Compliance to the Office of Registrar of Companies of England & Wales, Scotland or in Northern Ireland. The application for registration must state –
- The company’s proposed name;
- Whether the company’s registered office is to be situated in England and Wales (or in Wales), in Scotland or in Northern Ireland;
- whether the liability of the members of the company is to be limited, and if so whether it is to be limited by shares or by guarantee, and
- whether the company is to be a private or a public company.
If the application is delivered by a person as agent for the subscribers to the memorandum of association, it must state his name and address. The application must contain –
- in the case of a company that is to have a share capital, a statement of capital and initial shareholdings;
- in the case of a company that is to be limited by guarantee, a statement of guarantee;
- a statement of the company’s proposed officers;
- Statement of capital and initial shareholdings;
- Statement of proposed officers. It must contain the required particulars of the person who is, or persons who are, to be the first directors and first secretary (or joint secretaries) of the company;
- Statement of Compliance confirming that the requirements of Companies Act, 2006 as to registration have been complied with.
The application must be delivered—
- to the registrar of companies for England and Wales, if the registered office of the company is to be situated in England and Wales (or in Wales);
- to the registrar of companies for Scotland, if the registered office of the company is to be situated in Scotland;
- to the registrar of companies for Northern Ireland, if the registered office of the company is to be
If the Registrar is satisfied that the requirements of Companies Act, 2006 have been complied with he shall register the documents delivered to him and issue a Certificate of Incorporation to the applicant. The Certificate of Incorporation is a conclusive evidence that the all requirements of the provisions of Companies Act, 2006 have been complied with.
What you need?
UK Company registration is a simple task taking a little amount of time which is achieved by Pratham Legal with high flexibility in process.
- 1 (One) Director and 1 (One) Shareholder. Same person can be Director and Shareholder both; Director or Shareholder must be at least 16 years old;
- Director and Shareholder can be of any nationality and reside anywhere in the world.
- You don’t need to fly to UK for registering a Company in UK;
- A Local address to be used as Registered Office.
- A Service Address for Director. This address can be of anywhere in the world. This address will be part of public registry and any person can have access to this service address.
- Minimum GBP 0.01 as paid-up share capital. There is no maximum limit.
About Pratham Legal
We at Pratham Legal help people to set up their businesses in United Kingdom (UK). Get in touch with us at email@example.comOr +91 9821008011 or visit us at Pratham Legal, 122, 1st Floor, Antriksh Bhawan, 22, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi – 110001, India to incorporate your business in United Kingdom. To know more about us please take a look at www.prathamlegal.com
We understand the UK laws and therefore Pratham Legal provides you with a single point of contact to coordinate the day-to-day management of your UK Company Operations. As your company internationalizes its business, we at Pratham Legal assist you with the risk management and the simplification of your UK operations by keeping your UK Company in good standing and related to corporate governance matters are in good order.
Our experts are experienced in international matters related to Company registration in UK, Double Taxation, Accounting, tax and corporate law compliances, corporate filings requirements for UK Companies, investment protection and intellectual property registrations in UK.
With Pratham Legal you don’t need to fly to UK for registering and maintaining your Company in UK. Our professionals can plan the best mode of entering into UK market for anyone depending on their objectives, purpose, position and requirement through:
- Advice on setting up a UK Company or UK Subsidiary Company
- Company registration in UK| Subsidiary Company Registration in UK
- Corporate or Registered Office services and Service Address for Directors;
- Officers and Nominee Directors for UK Companies;
- Company Secretary or Registered Agents;
- Corporate secretarial services for UK Companies;
- Officers and directors for UK Companies
- Book-keeping, Accounting, financial reporting and tax compliances;
- Corporate Filings with Company House and HMRC;
- Invoicing and payroll services;
- Assistance in all required regulatory approvals and tax clearances including opening a bank account in UK;
- Consultancy and advice on compliance & operational issues;
- VAT registration Services;
- VISA Services.
In case you have question(s), please feel free to reach Mr. Prashant Kumar at firstname.lastname@example.org or +91 9821008011 (WhatsApp). To know more about us, please visit www.prathamlegal.com